2024-2025 Applications are OPENIf you do not have access to Handshake, email ArtistYear Recruitment and Alumni Coordinator Janelle Saint-Eloi (email@example.com) for a direct application link.
What are the requirements to apply?
Applicants to ArtistYear must be:
- Highly skilled in their artistic craft, holding a degree in an artistic field or having a comparable combination of education and experience in their artistic field.
- For example: Art history, art therapy, creative writing, dance, digital media, fashion design, fine arts, piano, photography, screenwriting, filmmaking, music composition, music education, theater, viola, etc.
- U.S. citizenship, national, or legal resident.
- Due to the hiring restrictions as an AmeriCorps program, ArtistYear may only accept applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or legal residents
- Able to dedicate up to 11-months to a full-time national service year, beginning August 1, 2024.
- Able to successfully pass all necessary background checks and clearances for working with youth.
Who are we looking for?
We look for applicants who possess the following characteristics:
- Dedication to the highest level of artistic excellence, deep commitment to service and belief in the artistic potential of every child.
- Aptitude for organization, self-motivation, and problem-solving;
- Ability to remain flexible and manage changing priorities and demands on time;
- Exceptional judgment:
- Interpersonal maturity, compassion, and wisdom;
- Respect for individuals’ and diverse experiences;
- Ability to work effectively with people of all backgrounds and experiences.
- Effective communication:
- Easily engages others and demonstrates genuine interest in the thoughts, ideas, and opinions of others;
- Comfortable with public speaking, writing, preparing presentations and/or speeches;
- Possesses the ability to actively listen.
ArtistYear Admissions Stages
|ADMISSION STAGES||FIRST APPLICATION POOL||SECOND APPLICATION POOL||THIRD APPLICATION POOL|
|Apply Online||DEC 1, 2023||MARCH 1, 2024||MAY 17, 2024|
All Resident Teaching Artists begin on August 1, 2024